UTICA – The local community can add soccer to the list of pro sports they’ll be able to watch in Utica.
The Adirondack Bank Center announced Wednesday that the former Syracuse Silver Knights will be moving to Utica to become to Utica City FC. The new team will compete in the Major Arena Soccer League for the 2018-19 season.
Twelve of the team’s 24 games for the season will be home games at the Adirondack Bank Center.
“What you’re going to find when you play here, you’ll never see fans more passionate, more understanding, more into it, than you’ll find in Utica, New York and the surrounding area,” said Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri.
The Major Arena Soccer League, which was founded in 2008, is a North American indoor soccer league with teams in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Utica City FC will be the 18th team to play in the league.
Beginning at 12 p.m. June 14, season ticket packages will be available for purchase for $80 at the Adirondack Bank Center Box Office, or at empirestatetix.com.
For more information, call 315-790-9070 or visit uticacityfc.com.
- Pro soccer team Utica City FC to play at the Adirondack Bank Center
- Utica FC Home Opener at Adirondack Bank Center
- Utica City FC announces 2018-19 schedule
- Arrest made in Adirondack Bank robbery in Utica
- Alabama to perform at the Adirondack Bank Center in November
- Adaptive ice skating comes to the Adirondack Bank Center
- The Adirondack Bank Center sees a busy week
- Car knocks down pole outside Adirondack Bank Center
- 1/21/20 SCORES: Continentals steamroll Pioneers at Adirondack Bank Center
- Toby Keith to perform at Adirondack Bank Center