UTICA - Local school districts are ramping up repairs and upgrades over the next few weeks in anticipation of the upcoming school year. That includes the Utica City School District.
Phase one of the $15 million capital improvement project is underway, $9 million of which is earmarked for the athletic fields at Proctor High School.
The work includes a turf practice field, plus new baseball, softball, lacrosse and soccer fields - all of which will feature state of the art drainage systems. There will also be field house bathrooms available.
The school district says the facilities were badly in need of upgrades.
“We were really at the point where the fields needed the renovations district-wide, so we went to the public and they were in agreement that we need the renovations,” says UCSD buildings and grounds supervisor Michael Ferraro.
The plan is to have all of the upgrades complete by December of 2020.
- Proctor High School athletic field renovations underway
- Palmieri announces new athletic field to be built at Proctor Park this fall
- Sal Longo Field construction begins at Utica's TR Proctor Park
- Proctor High School's class of 2019 receives diplomas
- Police release more details on shots fired incident outside Proctor High School
- Teen charged in connection to shots fired incident near Proctor High School
- Proctor High School Class of 1948 remembers Utica in its heyday
- Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Festival returns Tuesday
- Veterans Day Run at Proctor Park
- Cooperstown receives up to $3 million to renovate Doubleday Field