UTICA – Hold that limo – Proctor High School has postponed its winter ball due to the threat of icy roadways later tonight.
The ball was supposed to be held at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Utica tonight, but the thought of inexperienced teen drivers on icy roads after the ball prompted school officials to put safety first and postpone the dance.
School officials say they took everything into consideration before making the decision.
“We took into account, you know, the students who might have a limo or might have rented a tuxedo or whatever,” said Ed Simpson, assistant principal at Proctor High School. “It was a difficult decision, like I said, but in the end, the safety of the students is paramount.”
The winter ball has been rescheduled for Saturday, Jan, 27, and it will be held at the Radisson.
- Proctor winter ball postponed as winter storm approaches
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Local experts offer home heating tips as winter approaches
- Olympic art displays, holiday events in Cooperstown as winter approaches
- The first winter storm of the season
- Winter storm affecting travel along east coast
- A look back at Winter Storm Stella
- Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Festival returns Tuesday