NEW HARTFORD- On Sunday, Assemblyman Brian Miller (R-New Hartford) joined the Tibbits’s family at their Maple Syrup farm in New Hartford. The Assemblyman drilled a ceremonial hole in a maple tree to kick off Pure New York State Maple Month.
“We just passed legislation in the assembly to make it Pure Maple Syrup Month here in New York State,” said Miller. “It’s a huge crop in the state and we just didn’t want to make one weekend of it.”
The Tibbitts family welcomed the Assemblyman and Senator Joe Griffo on their farm to kick off the first ever Pure Maple Syrup Month.
“I think it’s great to have them here and supporting the product,” said Karri Tibbitts, wife of the owner. “It is a 146 million dollar industry for New York which is big in the agriculture industry.”
The Assemblyman hopes to make New York State #1 in maple syrup production. Currently, New York is #2 in production behind Vermont.
“We want to make maple syrup #1 in the country,” said Miller. “We have to most tappable trees.”
- Pure Maple Month Kickoff
- NFL Kickoff Tonight
- Harried Housewife: Maple Walnut Bars
- NY creates state certification for maple syrup
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Maple Crumble Pie
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- Vernon-Verona-Sherrill students host maple breakfast
- The 32nd Annual Ilion Days Kickoff
- Thunderstorm forecast changes Friday night football kickoffs
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Maple, Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Overnight Oats