(NBC News) As Americans head to the polls in November, Russian President Vladimir Putin, accused of meddling in the last election, may pay a visit to the United States.
The White House says plans are underway to host a Washington meeting with Putin.
Meanwhile, President Trump is backing off an offer to possibly allow Russia to interrogate Americans, including former Ambassador Michael McFaul.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2LcN9ef
- Putin to the White House?
- White House condemns Afghanistan attack
- White House tightens Russia sanctions
- Clinton graduate performs at the White House
- White House Communications Director Hope Hicks resigning
- White Christmas?
- Trump invites Schumer to White House to seek budget deal
- White House official: President Trump signs bill funding government
- White House says no lawmakers seriously hurt in train crash
- White House declassifies GOP memo on FBI tactics