UTICA, N.Y. -- Jaxson Hayes, a heart disease and stroke survivor, is taking on his first year as a red cap ambassador at the 2019 Heart Run and Walk.
At a glance, he looks like your average 5-year-old, but you'd be surprised how much he's been through at such a young age.
Jaxson's story is helping people learn more about heart disease – and he is an inspiration that you can beat this.
He is completely cured, and will just have to be monitored as he grows up from the Congentital Heart Defect that he was born with.
- RCA: Boy's parents share son's CHD, stroke survival story
- New machine helps patients survive a stroke
- FASTER can play vital role in surviving a stroke
- Syracuse girl, kidnapped and abused 15 years ago, shares survival story on Dr. Phil
- Riders for missing & exploited children hear story of survival from parental abduction victim
- Father who lost son to suicide shares 'Ryan's Story' at Herkimer High School
- Cooperstown man shares cancer story ahead of Relay for Life
- NewsTalk: WATCHMAN procedure reduces risk of strokes
- Judge sides with parents, boots adult son from Camillus home
- Brothers on the field and off, Clinton soccer players share their story