First of all congratulations, not only Patriot League Champs but an NCAA tournament berth. You had a couple of days to sit on it how are you feeling about it all?
"Yeah it's awesome it really is.," said Pat Moore. "I don't know if it's even hit me yet. I've been wanting this for a long time. It's awesome it really is. I still can't really put it into words yet it's great."
Wednesday here sold out crowd, court storming, and you got to cut down the nets was there a favorite part about that night?
"No, no. The whole night was awesome. I don't think there's a favorite part. Probably about a minute left in the game we were up over 10 or so and that's when it kind of hit me, wow we won! There's not a single favorite part, I just remember that moment. Just kind of sitting on the bench and feeling like oh man we did it but the whole night was special. It was kind of a blur, I can't believe it all happened."
Does it make it any more sweeter that you're kind of a local kid this is also your alma mater does that kind a factor into it?
"A little bit yeah. I've joked that I've been a part of this or been here longer than all the other coaches and players and everyone like that. It's awesome I've had a lot of family, friends from the area that come to a lot of our games, in the past 10 years or so they've been coming to games. It's pretty special to me for sure just being from the area."
Did you get a lot of texts calls on Wednesday?
"Oh yeah, Oh yeah, that's the most I've ever gotten. I'm still getting them to be honest. I am in the hundreds probably of people that have reached out and it's great."
With the win, Moore feels like his career has come full circle.
"It's cool to see how it has all come together. I mean obviously I've been in this area my whole life but yeah that commercial it's great I mean coming from that and Notre Dame and playing here and having some success but not the success we wanted it's great to finally win be in the NCAA tournament. I mean that something that you dream about all the time as a player or coach. I feel like it feels the same to me obviously I wish I done it as a player, but it's awesome to kind of see it all come together for sure."
- Raiders assistant coach, former Jugglers standout talks about journey to NCAA Tournament
- Mug Club: Notre Dame Juggler Classic
- Mug Club: Notre Dame Juggler Madness
- Raiders meet their match in NCAA game against Tennessee
- Raiders reflect on historic season
- Raiders roll past Navy in Patriot League semifinal, will host Bucknell for title and NCAA berth
- Syracuse tops TCU to advance again in NCAA Tournament
- Overwhelming support from community as Colgate heads into NCAA Tournament
- Syracuse suspends Frank Howard on eve of NCAA Tournament
- Notre Dame girls basketball wins Juggler Classic over Little Falls, Clinton boys ice hockey downs Ithaca in OT