CLINTON- Dozens of Central New York residents showed up the Village Green wearing orange to raise awareness for gun violence.
The vigil started off with a reading of the names of the schools and colleges who have had shootings with more than two or more victims involved.
People were then asked to speak on the topic. Most people said they've had enough and feel there isn't much use for them. "You might want them for hunting, but you think you need them for protection," said Utica resident, Jacquelynn Leisos.
The ceremony ended with a moment of silence.
- Raising awareness for gun violence
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Raising awareness and finding solutions for the gun violence in Utica
- Kristin's Fund Gala raises money and awareness for domestic violence
- Students March Against Gun Violence
- NewsTalk: Teen Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Vigil for victims of gun violence
- MVCC raising awareness about Lyme disease
- Oneida County raising mental health awareness
- Raising awareness for Smith Magenis Syndrome