DEERFIELD, N.Y. -- Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsChannel 2's Jason Powles Friday afternoon to share her Avalanche cookie recipe.
2 cups Crispy Rice cereal
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 lb white chocolate
*optional – 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Mix cereal and marshmallows in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Melt white chocolate and peanut butter together in a double boiler. Use a double boiler for melting white chocolate so it will melt slow and smooth, but can be microwaved too.
4. Once the white chocolate is melted pour it over the cereal mixture and stir until completely coated.
5. Drop using a tablespoon onto the lined pans.
6. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, if desired.
7. Place in refrigerators until chocolate is set.