ROME, N.Y. -- Olive oil is a recipe for success in Rome, and Sovena is proving that with their latest recognition.
The Sovena Olive Oil Company came to Rome in 2005 and partnered with an already existing company, that was originally started in 1991.
Sovena built a new facility in 2007 at Griffiss Business and Technology Park and even with opportunities to grow elsewhere, chose to stay at Griffiss.
Recently, the company received worldwide recognition and Monday – it's getting state recognition.
The company CEO credits its success to its loyal workers.
“The knowledge about olive oil is something that is very difficult to find and we have people working for us who have been with the team for over 20 years and that knowledge, that experience, that passion for the business was one of the main reasons to stick here in the area,” said Sovena USA CEO Jorge Pena.
State Senator Joe Griffo visited Sovena Monday to present the company with the New York State Senate Empire Award, on top of the worldwide acclaim the company has already achieved.
- Recipe for success: Sovena gets recognized again for its passion for olive oil
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- Beth Irons' shares Veggie Squares recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- Recipe: Avalanche Cookie's mix your childhood favorites
- Oneida Co. Sheriff Rob Maciol recognizes members for last year's successes