COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- A record 59 Hall of Famers are in town, in addition to the Class of 2019, this Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Weekend.
Every year WKTV talks to the returning Hall of Famers and baseball greats, who all sing the praises of Cooperstown and its hospitality.
While this weekend is always marked on their calendar as one of their favorite events – something about this year makes it all the more special.
“That's amazing. I think it's both. I had the opportunity to come back for Fergies Foundation. Baseball stories are the best stories in the world. You're like ‘no he didn't do that,’ ‘yeah he did,’” said Jesse Barfield, the 1986 MLB HR champion.
The comradery among this baseball fraternity is unique and keeps them coming back every year.
With an expected record-breaking crowd – Sunday will be even more electric.
“They will remember this this day for the rest of their lives,” said Bill Madlock, the four-time batting champion.
Most are talking about how this is something that baseball needed.
- Record 59 Hall of Famers in Cooperstown for induction weekend
- Catching up with current Hall of Famers in Cooperstown
- Cooperstown 'Hall of Famer' Homer Osterhoudt, to receive posthumous dedication
- Hall of Famer, Mariano Rivera, coming to Cooperstown this summer
- A record number of Hall of Famers set to be in Cooperstown
- Accommodations are scarce ahead of induction weekend in Cooperstown
- Sizzling in Cooperstown for Baseball HOF Induction Weekend
- ESPN hosts panel with 5 new Hall of Famers in Cooperstown
- Six new inductees highlight Baseball Hall of Fame induction weekend
- Induction ceremony caps Baseball Hall of Fame weekend