UTICA, N.Y. -- One of this year's Red Cap ambassadors talked to Joleen Ferris and Don Shipman about the technology she uses to keep her heart pumping.
The American Heart Association (AHA) and America’s Greatest Heart Run & Walk has grown in both participants and dollars because of the passion inspired by heart and stroke survivors known as Red Cap ambassadors.
Angel Woolheater, who is waiting to get on the heart transplant list shares her story of survival with a device that actually helps her heart to pump blood externally.
They strive to educate and inform you of various heart disorders through their own personal experiences.
- Red Cap ambassador, Angel Woolheater, shares story as she waits for new heart
- Boilermaker Hasn't Reached Cap YET
- UN Ambassador Nikki Haley resigning
- Angel caught on camera?
- Mug Club: Shattered Angel
- Mother's Day 2018 Stories and Deals...From the Heart
- Cooperstown man shares cancer story ahead of Relay for Life
- RCA: Boy's parents share son's CHD, stroke survival story
- From adoptee to ambassador: Supporting adoptive families