UPDATE: Rome fire officials say the trailer in Blossvalle where a fire broke out Sunday evening is a total loss.
The fire at 128 Pinehaven Circle was initially reported just after 5:30 p.m. as a dryer fire that was spreading, and fire officials say upon arrived they found heavy smoke and fire coming from the back door. The fire spread quickly through the trailer, and New London and Vienna fire departments were called for water supply.
Officials say the fire was knocked down within 10 minutes, and the trailer is a total loss.
A 42-year-old womand and 15-year-old boy are being assisted by the local American Red Cross.
BLOSSVALE - Two people are being assisted by the local American Red Cross after a fire in their Blossvale home Sunday evening.
The chief of the Rome Fire Department told NEWSChannel 2 there were two people living in the trailer at 128 Pinehaven Circle, but it's unknown if they were home at the time.
He also said he believes the fire started in the dryer, but he couldn't confirm that with us. New London and Vienna fire departments helped put the fire out.
Officials say no one was injured, and the Red Cross is assisting the two residents.
We'll provide more information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Blossvale trailer a total loss after fire; Red Cross assisting 2 people
- Red Cross assisting nine after Frankfort fire
- UPDATE: Red Cross helping 2 people after Richfield Springs fire
- UPDATE: Rome house a total loss following fire on Thursday
- UPDATE: Rome house deemed a total loss after fire
- Salisbury business a total loss after fire
- Red Cross assisting two adults, child following Springfield fire
- Red Cross assisting 5 displaced by Utica fire
- Red Cross assisting Utica family, including three children, following fire
- Red Cross assisting 7 after town of Laurens fire