UTICA- The Red Cross is assisting eight people after a fire on Whitesboro Street in Utica on Wednesday night.
Crews were called to 1804 Whitesboro Street for reports of a fire.
Officials with the Utica Fire Department said the fire started in the basement.
Four adults, four children and some pets were inside, but all of them made it out safely.
Firefighters said there is a lot of smoke damage in the residence, so the Red Cross will assisting the victims.
- Red Cross helping eight people after fire on Whitesboro Street
- Whitesboro Street Demolition
- Elizabeth Street fire victims get help from Red Cross
- Red Cross helping one person in Miller Street fire
- Red Cross helps 2 people after Cooperstown fire
- UPDATE: Red Cross helping 7 people after Oneida Street apartment building fire
- Red Cross helping 3 following Mohawk fire
- Red Cross helping 8 people, including children, after Otsego County fire
- Red Cross helping two people, including baby, displaced by Camden fire
- UPDATE: Red Cross helping victims of Rome house fire