SPRINGFIELD, N.Y. -- The Red Cross is helping three people after a fire broke out Saturday morning fire in the town of Springfield.
Red Cross officials say they're providing food and clothing to two adults and one child, who lived in the two-story home.
The location of a home made it difficult for the responding firefighters because the house is set back about 3/4 of a mile down a dirt road, and hoses had to be run all that entire way.
No one was in the home at the time.
The cause of this fire is still under investigation.
- Red Cross assisting two adults, child following Springfield fire
- Red Cross assisting five adults in Floyd house fire
- Red Cross assisting nine after Frankfort fire
- Red Cross assisting 5 displaced by Utica fire
- Red Cross assisting Utica family, including three children, following fire
- Red Cross assisting 7 after town of Laurens fire
- Hamilton nurse in South Carolina to assist American Red Cross
- Red Cross assists 2 families after fire destroys Lyons Falls apartment
- UPDATE: Blossvale trailer a total loss after fire; Red Cross assisting 2 people
- 6 people assisted by Red Cross after fire destroys Annsville home