UTICA, N.Y. -- The American Red Cross is in urgent need of blood donors to give now to help ensure blood remains available this holiday season for medical treatments and unforeseen emergencies.
A seasonal decline in donations occurs from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day when donors get busy with family gatherings and travel.
Patients can't afford for there to be a shortage of blood.
Stop by the Utica Blood Donation Center on Commercial Drive in New Hartford.
They're open Monday & Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Tuesday and then Thursday through Sunday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You can also make an appointment to donate blood and platelets by downloading the free American Red Cross blood donor app, visiting redcrossblood.org or calling 1-800-Red-Cross.
- Red Cross urging you to give the gift of life this holiday season
- 4th annual American Red Cross Giving Day
- American Red Cross offering gift cards to blood donors
- Holiday warning: Gift card hacking
- Feeling the gift-giving pressure?
- Mug Club: Holiday Gift Baskets at RFA
- Hospice launches Light Up A Life campaign for holiday season
- From bird-friendly coffee to chocolate safe for the rainforest, these holiday gifts give back
- NY comptroller: Read fine print on gift cards this holiday season
- Christmas Poll: Did the Yankees or Mets receive the better gift this holiday season?