ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - Kodak says a new beer hitting the market can be used to develop its Super 8 movie film.
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery in Delaware created its SuperEIGHT beer after a conversation with people at Kodak, the upstate New York technology company most famous for its photographic roots.
Dogfish learned from Kodak that heightened levels of acidity and vitamin C in certain beers could make them a processing agent for film. That inspired the brewery to design such a beer. Kodak helped by testing it.
Dogfish founder Sam Calagione says he'll document his summer travels on Super 8 film that will be developed in SuperEIGHT beer and turned into a short film.
The beer, made with pear, mango, berries, kiwi, quinoa and salt, is set for national distribution next month.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Reel-y? New beer can double as motion picture film developer
- Getting some ‘reel’ life lessons
- Beer commercial being filmed in Utica this month
- Harried Housewife: Beer Bread
- Dueling memos paint different pictures
- Pretrial motions filed in attempted murder case
- UPDATE: Yankees to reel in MVP Stanton from Marlins
- 2018 Boilermaker - A picture perfect day!
- Judge denies motion to toss twin's Maui cliff crash charge
- Utica Common Council postpone motion to reconsider term limits law