UTICA, NY - The Good News Foundation's 3rd Annual Flags for Heroes ceremony took place Saturday at the Utica Parkway Center.
Veterans were remembered for the sacrifices they made with one thousand full sized American flags displayed on the median of the Utica Memorial Parkway.
The flags are being displayed between November 4th and November 12th.
All proceeds from the event will benefit local veteran programs in support of military personnel, their families and marriages.
Judy Hauck, Executive Director of the Good News Foundation, says seeing all those flags on display means not only a lot to the Veterans, but also their families.
"This is called a healing field. It shows when you walk amongst the flags and see people reminiscing about their loved ones and how they are touched by the tags on the flags. It really means a lot to them to have their loved ones remembered in that way."
Air Force Veteran and 3 time Super Bowl champion from the Dallas Cowboys, Chad Hennings was the keynote speaker for the day's festivities.
- Remembering Veterans and their families with Flags for Heroes
- Flags for Heroes honors local Veterans
- Mug Club: Flags for Heroes
- Flags for Heroes posted along Utica's Memorial Parkway
- Avid airman remembered by family and friends
- Portrait of a hero
- Flag Day Celebrations
- WWII hero's lost Purple Heart returned to his family
- Family takes in 89-year-old Navy veteran
- Remembering Anthony “Pags” Pagliaro