A Remsen woman has been charged with DWI after driving into a building.
It happened late Sunday night at about 10:30 p.m. at on Main Street in the village of Remsen.
State police say 56-year-old Laura Mortagua was driving at an unsafe speed, and failed to stop at a stop-sign, struck a snow embankment and careened across a yard striking a wooden porch.
Mortagua was charged with DWI, speeding, unsafe tires, failure to stop at a stop sign, and moving from a lane unsafely.
- Remsen woman allegedly driving drunk, crashed into building
- Herkimer judge pleads guilty to DWAI after drunk driving crash
- Whitesboro man accused of driving drunk in Mohawk Street crash
- Rome police: Fentanyl found on Remsen woman during traffic stop
- 26-year-old man killed in Remsen snowmobile crash
- Oneonta woman facing felony charge for allegedly driving stolen car
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- Remsen community celebrates Hamlin's decorated career
- Remsen residents clean up after blizzard
- Dolgeville principal named Remsen CSD's new superintendent