WINTERBURG, GERMANY - Remsen native and bronze medalist Erin Hamlin is going to another Olympics.
This will be Hamlin's fourth Olympics. She first took part in the 2006 games in Torino as a teenager, and also raced in Vancouver (2010) and Sochi (2014). She took home a bronze medal at the Sochi games, making her the first American luger to win a singles medal. She is also the first American woman to win a luge world championship, doing so in 2009.
The U.S. luge team is scheduled to race in a World Cup event in Lake Placid on December 15-16. The 2018 Winter Olympics take place February 9-25.
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin qualifies for 4th Olympics
- Remsen's Erin Hamlin finishes sixth in Olympic luge event
- Remsen Olympian Erin Hamlin featured in Cosmo article
- Remsen residents turn out to support 'hometown hero' Erin Hamlin
- Remsen to welcome home Erin Hamlin with parade on Saturday
- Erin Hamlin back in NY
- Remsen community celebrates Hamlin's decorated career
- Erin Hamlin preparing for World Cup and 2018 Winter Olympics
- Erin Hamlin says goodbye to Lake Placid