UPDATE: The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office has announced two arrests following a meth lab bust in McConnellsville Thursday morning.
On Wednesday, Feb. 1, members of the Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit and New York State Police SORT executed a search warrant at 8468 Mill Pond Way in McConnellsville, which is located within the town of Vienna.
Deputies say the search followed an investigation into the manufacturing, sale and distribution of methamphetamine. During the search, police found a quantity of meth and meth-making materials. The State Police Contaminated Crime Scene Emergency Response Team was on standby to evaluate the scene.
John Barnhardt, 39, who lives at the McConnellsville residence, and 27-year-old Harley Forbes of Camden are both charged with felony second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Barnhardt and Forbes were both being held at the Oneida County Jail while they awaited arraignment. Deputies say more charges are pending for both men.
The Rome Police Department’s Special Investigations Unit and the Sheriff’s Office’s Road Patrol also assisted with the investigation.
McCONNELLSVILLE – Authorities were on the scene of a reported meth bust at a home on Mill Pond Way in McConnellsville Thursday morning.
We know that at least two people have been arrested, but their names have not yet been released. The scene has since been cleared.
NEWSChannel 2 crews have reached out to police and we are waiting for more information. We’ll provide more details as they become available.
- UPDATE: 2 men charged following McConnellsville meth lab bust
- State Police bust Frankfort meth lab
- 2 facing charges following Oneida meth lab bust
- 2 men facing charges following discovery of Verona meth lab
- Oneida meth lab bust marks 18th this year, arrests made
- Report of injury leads to meth lab bust, charges for 4 people in Madison Co.
- 4 charged following meth bust in Oneida
- UPDATE: 2 arrested in connection to Schuyler meth lab
- UPDATE: Frankfort police confirm meth lab was found last night
- Oneida meth lab explosion leads to charges for 2 people