NEW HARTFORD – A New Hartford man is facing felony drug charges after a report of a burglary led to the discovery of cocaine, LSD and other drugs, according to the New Hartford Police Department.
Police say in the late morning on Tuesday, officers responded to a residence on Oneida Street in New Hartford for a report of a burglary in progress. When officers arrived on scene, 31-year-old Devin Arrante, who lives in the apartment, was waiting outside for police.
Arrante told officers that there was an unknown white male inside his apartment, trapped inside a crawl space in the attic. Police say they searched the home and didn’t find anyone, but they did see narcotics and drug paraphernalia throughout the apartment.
Police then secured the apartment and obtained a search warrant. During the search officers found and seized marijuana, cocaine, LSD, hallucinogenic mushrooms, concentrated THC and drug paraphernalia.
Arrante was taken into custody, processed at the New Hartford Police Department and charged with the following:
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (Felony)
- Third-degree criminal possession of marijuana (Felony)
- Four counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (Misdemeanor)
- Two counts of second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia (Misdemeanor)
- Criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument (Misdemeanor)
Arrante was arraigned and sent to the Oneida County Jail on $15,000 cash bail or bond.
- Reported burglary leads to felony drug charges for New Hartford man
- Herkimer man facing felony charges after admitting to burglaries
- 2 facing felony drug charges in Utica
- Raid on New Hartford home leads to drug arrest
- Utica man accused of attempted burglary in New Hartford
- 2 facing felony drug charges following Bleecker Street search
- Trenton traffic stop leads to drug charges for Poland man
- Utica man facing felony drug charges after investigation into cocaine sales
- Utica man facing several felony child porn charges
- Richfield Springs man facing felony charge for allegedly punching TV