Two of Central New York's Congressional Representatives have reacted to President Donald Trump's meeting and press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Finland on Monday.
“Russia is not our friend. That is why I voted to impose new sanctions on Russia in response to their meddling in our election and to rebuild our military after years of cuts and a deeply flawed foreign policy of capitulation under the previous Administration. As we have witnessed, strength is the one thing that a man like Putin understands and I support the US leading our NATO allies to stand strong against Russian aggression,” said Rep. Claudia Tenney Tuesday morning.
“I do not agree with the approach taken by President Trump at today’s press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Putin is no friend to the United States. There is no credibility to Putin’s denials especially in light of the public evidence and our own U.S. intelligence reports. We know the Russians meddled in our elections and we must continue our sanctions and diplomatic pressure against Putin’s actions,” said Rep. John Faso Monday afternoon.
Tuesday, President Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsinki that he doesn't see why Russia would have interfered in the 2016 U.S. elections. Back at the White House on Tuesday, the president told reporters that he said he meant he doesn't see why Russia "wouldn't" be responsible.
- Reps. Tenney and Faso react to Trump's meeting with Putin
- Tenney votes 'yes,' Faso votes 'no' to House tax bill
- Tenney, Faso respond to Trump's executive order to keep migrant families together
- Rep. Claudia Tenney congratulates Erin Hamlin
- Rep. Tenney: Many mass murderers are Democrats
- AARP poll shows Brindisi, Delgado leading over Tenney, Faso with older voters
- Eric Trump visits New Hartford to campaign for Rep. Tenney
- Donald Trump Jr. Campaigns for Rep. Tenney on election eve
- Rep. Claudia Tenney talks about her first year in office
- Ivanka Trump, Rep. Tenney talk tax cuts at upstate paving company