(November 7, 2017)
With 96 percent of the ballots counted, Republican Paul Deep has been declared the unofficial winner of the race for Oneida County Family Court judge.
As of 11 p.m., Deep – who is running on the Republican, Conservative and Independence party lines – has 21,826 votes, while his opponent Julie Giruzzi-Mosca – who is running on the Democratic and Working Families party lines – has 19,183 votes.
The position for Oneida County Family Court judge was left vacant after former Judge Joan Shkane retired at the end of July. Because of the short notice between her retirement and the election, there was no primary and instead the local Republican and Democratic parties chose their candidates for the general election.
- Republican Paul Deep wins Oneida County Family Court judge race
- Meet the candidates for Oneida County Family Court Judge
- Reynolds-Amuso announces candidacy for Oneida Co. Family Court judge race
- Election Day 2017: Oneida County races
- The race for Oneida County Clerk
- Race for Oneida County executive is growing
- Official results in for two close Oneida County races
- Oneida County clerk race continues to hang in the balance
- David Gordon seeks election in Oneida County executive race