HERKIMER N.Y. -- Fire crews are investigating the cause of a late night house fire in the village of Herkimer.
Crews were called to 212 Bellinger Ave., shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday.
The Fire appeared to be out by the time NewsChannel 2 camera crews arrived on scene. But fire officials say that smoke and flames were visible when they arrived.
Three people were home at the time of the fire but made it out safely. A total of seven people were displaced after the fire.
Herkimer Deputy Fire Chief Mike Moody responded to the scene.
"There was fire blowing out of the east window," Moody said. "They made an attack and knocked the fire down, and then basically the rest of the operation was just overhaul."
The Ilion Fire Department assisted Herkimer at the scene.
The American Red Cross is assisting the two adults and five children with shelter, food and clothing.
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Residents safe after Herkimer house fire
- Residents safe following fire on Dudley Avenue
- Herkimer Fire and some tips to keep you safe
- Update: Missing Herkimer Girl Found Safe
- Herkimer residents vote to approve Capital Project
- Herkimer residents concerned over a traffic light
- Herkimer county residents tour 1834 jail
- Teen found safe in Herkimer after reported disappearance
- Herkimer County residents learn about flood risk at open house meeting
- No tax increase for Herkimer County residents heading into 2019