UTICA – Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica had a special speaker for their Veterans Day celebration today.
Retired Major General Peter Lennon wants to inspire future veterans, and there are many military-minded students at MVCC.
Lennon also wants to remind retired members that the courage, honor and responsibility are never left on the battlefield or on distant lands; they remain inside them, forever, even after the uniform goes into storage.
“When they wore a uniform, they were a force,” said Lennon. “They've taken the uniform off, but they still need to be a force. They need to be leaders. They've got the skills to be role models.”
Major General Lennon served in Germany after the Cold War, and more recently in Iraq. He and his wife are central New York natives, and they're in the process of moving back.
- Retired major general aims to inspire future veterans at MVCC
- NEWSTALK: MVCC Summer Programs
- NEWSTALK: MVCC YEA
- G.L.I.T.C.H conference at MVCC helps students with disabilities plan for the future
- MVCC offers free fitness week classes
- 'Night to Shine' prom night at MVCC
- MVCC continues cultural series with UFO expert
- America's Got Talent winner performs at MVCC
- MVCC and UC sign articulation agreement
- Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas to speak at MVCC tomorrow