ORISKANY- For the second year in a row Oriskany Creek Farm hosted their annual Stars n Stripes Barrel Race. The race raised several thousands of dollars for Sitrin Health Care’s Military Rehabilitation Program, a program which helps veterans with a variety of healthcare issues.
“I believe that there is a sense of patriotism here today,” said Rosemary Bonacci, Sitrin Health Communications Vice President. “From the beginning, they know they were giving back to people who put their lives on the line for them.”
Among the competitors on Sunday was Krista Scalzo. Kirsta a college student who has been riding horses her whole life was riding for a purpose.
“It is a really good feeling when I leave here knowing I am helping people out,” said Scalzo. “These [veterans] defended our country and gave me this opportunity in the first place.”
Owner of Oriskany Creek Farm, Becky Czarnocki, told WKTV she just never wants anyone to forget about our veterans.
“I just think they are forgotten about,” said Czarnocki. “I just want to keep on giving back because they give to us every day.”
- Ride a Horse Support a Veteran
- Horses helping veterans
- Bikers ride 100 miles supporting purple heart veterans
- Community comes together to support local veteran
- 11-year ride veteran tells fellow riders why she rides for missing children
- The Ride for Missing Children orientation ride
- 2 Horses on the Loose
- Bike ride for Nancy
- "Mayor's Ride" through Utica
- Marine Corps League in Ilion appreciates support for Veterans