UTICA, NY – The finishing touches have been added to this year’s Ride for Missing and Exploited Children.
Riders and volunteers now know the route they’ll be taking, barring any last minute adjustments.
They were informed of the route at their final informational meeting Monday at MVCC’s Utica campus.
Riders also learned of the area schools they would be stopping at along the way.
School liaison Karen LaScala said the start and finish of the ride always remain the same.
“We always leave from Troop D in Oneida, and we always end at the New Hartford Recreation Center. Never closing the loop by going back to the start, because we haven’t found all the children that are missing. It’s kind of an open loop for that reason.”
This year the riders will be stopping at Staley Elementary in Rome, Harts Hill Elementary in Whitesboro, General Herkimer Elementary in Utica, and Barringer Road Elementary in Ilion.
The 23rd annual Ride for Missing and Exploited Children is scheduled for Friday, June 7.
- Ride for Missing Children route is finalized
- The Ride for Missing Children orientation ride
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Ride For Missing Children kicks off
- Photo gallery: Ride for Missing Children 2018
- Ride for Missing Children holds informational meeting
- Nice weather for first Ride for Missing Children Commitment Ride
- Ride for Missing Children to hold commitment rides in October for 2019 CNY Ride
- Ride for Missing Children to hold first meeting tonight
- 'The Ride for Missing Children' meets at MVCC