The Ride for Missing Children CNY is holding commitment rides this autumn as registration opens for the 2019 Ride for Missing Children CNY.
Registration is now open for the 23rd Annual Ride for Missing Children-CNY on June 7, 2019. The event is a one-day, 90-mile bike ride across the Mohawk Valley that promotes awareness and hope in the plight of missing and exploited children across the country.
The Ride is the biggest annual fundraiser for the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - Mohawk Valley office. The 2018 Ride raised over $320,000 for the Center. The fundraising is achieved largely due to rider efforts. Each rider takes a vow to honor the memory of all missing children, to raise public awareness of the plight of missing and exploited children and the need for child safety education, and to raise funds to support missing children poster distribution and community education.
"This event is as emotionally draining as it is physical, but so rewarding. It is about raising awareness of what we can do to help stop child predators and bring missing kids back to somewhere safe," says Center Director Wendy Fical.
The Ride Leadership Team is requesting rider registration as soon as possible to assist with early training initiatives. The completion of commitment rides is a requirement for all registered riders, and a new addition this year are Fall rides to alleviate stress on riders in the Spring. "Over the coming months, new riders will be eligible to successfully complete two out of the four required rides and returning riders can successfully complete one of the two required rides," said Fical.
To register for the Ride or for more information on rider requirements, visit www.therideformissingchildren.com.
- Ride for Missing Children to hold commitment rides in October for 2019 CNY Ride
- Nice weather for first Ride for Missing Children Commitment Ride
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Ride For Missing Children kicks off
- Photo gallery: Ride for Missing Children 2018
- Ride for Missing Children to hold first meeting tonight
- Bike ride for Nancy
- 'The Ride for Missing Children' meets at MVCC
- Gearing up for the 22nd Annual Ride for Missing Children
- Potential for rain won't stop the Ride for Missing Children