UTICA, NY – The Ride for Missing and Exploited Children is right around the corner.
Hard to believe after what seemed like a never-ending winter.
On Monday, the final informational meeting was held for riders and volunteers at MVCC’s Utica campus.
This year there are just under 500 riders participating.
About 90 of them are first-time riders
Jim White, president of the ride’s Leadership Team, says it’s an experience those first-time riders will never forget.
"It's quite a celebration as we ride in. We cross under the big American flag that the fire department hoists up and we turn the corner on to Oxford road. It's euphoria. It's really a great feeling. You know you've done a good day's work when you finally arrive."
This year’s ride takes place on Friday, June 1st.
- Gearing up for the 22nd Annual Ride for Missing Children
- Ride for Missing Children gears up for 80-mile journey
- The Ride for Missing Children orientation ride
- Riders to embark on 22nd Ride for Missing Children on Friday
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Ride For Missing Children kicks off
- Photo gallery: Ride for Missing Children 2018
- Ride for Missing Children route is finalized
- Nice weather for first Ride for Missing Children Commitment Ride
- The 23rd annual Ride for Missing & Exploited Children holds first meeting of the year