Utica- The fifth annual Riggies, Greens, and Rock event was held at the Stanley on Sunday.
Restaurants were invited to the historic Theatre to show off their best riggies and Utica greens to the public, who is important because they're responsible for picking the winners.
Participants included, Ancora, Bella Regina, Aqua Vino, Daniele's at Valley View, Fratello's Pizzeria, and A Moveable Feast by O'Connors.
Despite the weather, many people showed up for the event. "We saw that their was going to be a break around 9 or 10 so we thought that it would gives the plows a chance to clean up the parking lots next to us and get the streets ready to go," said Executive Director for the Stanley, Jerry Kraus. Kraus said he got permission from Mayor Rob Palmieri to use the street for a few hours so people could park. "Everybody found their way here, took their time, drove safe and helped us celebrate another wonderful day at the Stanley," he added.
Best Riggies- Bella Regina
Most Unique Riggies- A Moveable Feast by O'Connors
Best Presentation- Ancora
Best Greens- Fratello's Pizzeria
- Riggies, Greens & Rock!
- Riggies, Greens, and Rock!
- Mug Club: Chicken Riggie Challenge
- Mug Club: Chicken Riggie Dinner
- Mug Club: Folts Home Chicken Riggies Dinner
- Rachael Ray gives Utica a shout out with 'Chicken Riggies with Greens' recipe
- Mug Club: All You Can Eat Chicken Riggie Dinner
- Chili & riggies cook-off benefits Mohawk Valley Challengers
- Green ideas to save green for Halloween
- Lava rocks at Hamilton College