ONEIDA COUNTY- Friday morning brought some snow, making the roads hard to navigate for the last minute holiday shoppers.
The weather also started the holiday vacation early for many area residents. "I got out of school early and I came home and I had to walk from school to home," said Deerfield resident, James Sutter.
Utica resident Levon Jackson Sr., does snow maintenance for some of his friends and he said he doesn't see an end in sight. "This is December 22, and we still have nine more days, and we still have January, February and March."
The New Hartford Highway Department had their trucks up and running by 4 a.m. on Friday. "It takes three hours to clean our loops and we try to get them clean for the buses at 7, but we've been scraping and sanding," said Richard Sherman with the New Hartford Highway Department. Sherman also said they're trying to keep ahead of traffic for the busy holiday season.
- Road conditions for the holiday weekend
- Columbus Day holiday weekend forecast
- Roadwork suspended for upcoming holiday weekend
- Utica brings back "Pothole Killer" to improve road conditions
- Joe Marino expresses concerns about Utica road conditions
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Gov. Cuomo says state budget deal reached before holiday weekend
- NY State Police to step up patrols over holiday weekend
- An early look at the holiday weekend forecast
- Packed streets in Cooperstown for the holiday weekend