ROME, N.Y. – A Rome man was arrested after a woman says he threw items, including an axe, at her during a road rage incident on Nov. 26.
Sean J. McGuigan, 52, was charged with felony third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, as well as second-degree menacing and reckless driving, both misdemeanors.
The woman who reported the incident claims McGuigan attempted to run her off of the road on Route 49 near the Griffiss exit. She said the he threw items out the window at her vehicle before stopping on the exit ramp, getting out of his vehicle and throwing what she believes to be an axe toward her car. The woman then drove away from the scene.
The public assisted state police in identifying McGuigan after a photo of the suspected vehicle was released.
- Rome man charged in road rage incident after allegedly throwing axe toward car
- State police searching for man who allegedly threw axe during road rage incident
- Upstate NY man charged in shooting during road rage incident
- Man charged with assaulting wife, damaging her car with ax
- 3 charged for allegedly making meth in Rome
- Car Larcenies in Rome
- Man allegedly choked, harassed woman in Deerfield domestic incident
- Woman charged with throwing cat out car window in Utica
- Utica man charged in Cornhill shooting incident
- Ilion man charged in long gun incident