ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says all road construction will be suspended through New Year's Day to ease travel over the holiday weekend.
The Democratic governor also says the Thruway Authority will continue its 47-year tradition of offering free coffee and tea at the 27 travel plazas along the highway from 11 p.m. New Year's Eve through 7 a.m. New Year's Day.
Road construction will be suspended from 6 a.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Tuesday.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Roadwork suspended for upcoming holiday weekend
- Columbus Day holiday weekend forecast
- Roadwork causing lane closures in separate Mohawk Valley locations
- Construction-related lane closures suspended for holidays in NY
- Road conditions for the holiday weekend
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Date set for Indoor Heart Walk kicks off excitement for upcoming Heart Weekend
- Gov. Cuomo says state budget deal reached before holiday weekend
- NY State Police to step up patrols over holiday weekend
- An early look at the holiday weekend forecast