ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says all road construction will be suspended through New Year's Day to ease travel over the holiday weekend.
The Democratic governor also says the Thruway Authority will continue its 47-year tradition of offering free coffee and tea at the 27 travel plazas along the highway from 11 p.m. New Year's Eve through 7 a.m. New Year's Day.
Road construction will be suspended from 6 a.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Tuesday.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Roadwork suspended for upcoming holiday weekend
- Roadwork causing lane closures in separate Mohawk Valley locations
- Columbus Day holiday weekend forecast
- Construction-related lane closures suspended for holidays in NY
- Some construction projects will be suspended to accommodate holiday travel
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Road conditions for the holiday weekend
- Some Holiday Fun in Clinton this weekend
- Date set for Indoor Heart Walk kicks off excitement for upcoming Heart Weekend
- Vernon Downs prepares for upcoming racing season