Utica, N.Y. - Two former Comets combined for three points as the Laval Rocket topped the Utica Comets 4-3 at the Adirondack Bank Center, Wednesday.
The Comets jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period thanks to a 5-minute major for boarding. Tanner Kero scored twice in a matter of 54 seconds (the first goal was on a five-on-three) as Utica snapped an 0-17 skid on the man advantage.
Former Comet Alexandre Grenier cut the lead in half exactly three minutes into the second period, poking a rebound past Ivan Kulbakov.
Daniel Audette tied things up with a power play goal four minutes later with the primary assist going to Grenier. Just 14 seconds after that, Alexandre Alain ripped a shot top shelf to give Laval its first lead of the night.
The lead didn't last long, Zack MacEwen put home a rebound one minute following Alain's goal to knot things back up at 3-3.
However, another former Comet, Michael Chaput scored in the third period off a tip in front of the net and that ended up being the game-winner.
The Comets now fall to 5-7-1-0 while the Rocket improve to 5-7-1-0. Utica returns to action on Friday night at the Adirondack Bank Center when they take on the Hartford Wolf Pack.
Puck drop is at 7 p.m.
- Rocket soar past Comets in third consecutive matchup
- Comets fall to Rocket 4-2
- Comets late surge not enough in loss to Laval Rocket
- Demko returns from injury, Comets ground Rocket with 3-2 win
- D'Aoust's pair of goals lifts Comets past Bears
- Marlies overpower Comets at home
- Comets excited for upcoming season
- Comets' streak halted by Devils
- Sports Express Wrap: Comets top Devils for third straight win, state-ranked Cooperstown remains unbeaten, West Canada edges Frankfort in league matchup
- CNY Drones Soar into Barnes & Noble