A benefit concert is happening Friday, August 16th to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Rockin' Out Rheumatoid was put together by Juliana Joyce last year. She raised over $1,000 by putting on a concert. Juliana and her mother, Julie Joyce joined us for Newstalk to talk about why this cause is so near and dear to their hearts. Juliana's aunt, Julie's sister is battle Rheumatoid arthritis. Mother and daughter explained to us the daily challenges a person battling this disease faces.
Juliana is putting her knowlege in music therapy to work. Julie, an occupational therapist talks about the challenges of watching her sister suffer, but also the positive side, of being able to help her.
The concert: Rockin' Out Rheumatoid is coming up Friday, August 16th at 6 pm at Weller Park in Mohawk.
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets. The rain location is the Mohawk American Legion.
It's free admission, but patrons are encouraged to bring a $5 donation.
Local artists featured include, Juliana, Julie and Matt Joyce, Smitten Youth - Steve Napolitano, Light the Fuse, Ryan Flynn and Pat Malowski.
Shirts, bracelets and baked goods will be available for purchase at the event.
Proceeds benefit the Arthritis National Research Foundation.
- Rockin' Out Rheumatoid concert coming up next Friday
- Rockin' Out Rheumatoid concert held in Mohawk
- Rockin' around the (multicolored) Christmas trees
- "Rockin' the Bald" in Mya's memory
- Free concert series coming back to Utica this summer
- Three new rockin' tenants at the Utica Zoo kind of a 'pig deal'
- Downtown Utica Enjoys Free Concert
- Mug Club: Summer Concert Series
- Mug Club: Woodstock Tribute Concert
- Mug Club: America Concert at The Stanley