NEW HARTFORD, N.Y - A box truck that rolled over on the westbound lane of the 5-8-12 interchange caused some significant delays in New Hartford.
Shoppers who were heading down the arterial highway towards New Hartford late Saturday morning were rerouted towards route 840.
At the New Hartford shopping center, shoppers say that the traffic was bumper to bumper.
"It was backed up like 3 exits before I would get to New Hartford. So it took forever to get there. You're worried about cars coming behind you and not realizing you're stopped. So you just had to follow and wait and get to work when I got here. But I was a few minutes late, but I got here," said Dorothy Palumbo.
Jenna Anderson was taking her friends shopping when she unexpectedly ran into the traffic.
"I accidentally took the wrong exit and so I ended up running into the traffic, so it just set us back a little nothing too crazy, it wasn't anything too bad," said Jenna Anderson.
Anne Ferris says that delays caused by accidents like this are rare for this area.
"I think we are lucky that we don't have to deal with it that often, we're used to no traffic. People seemed to be pretty patient nobody was honking or anything it just slowed everybody down," said Anne Ferris.
It was a slow and chaotic start to Saturday's shopping day. Utica Police say that their were minor injuries reported from the accident.
As of 3pm Saturday, the southbound lane has been reopened to traffic.
- Rollover accident causes delays in New Hartford
- Oriskany Street accident causes traffic delays
- Rollover crash causes traffic delays on Route 49 in Marcy
- State police investigating rollover accident in Holland Patent
- UPDATE : New Hartford crash confirmed to be a fatal accident
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- Second sexual abuse trial for New Hartford psychiatrist delayed until February
- One person taken to the hospital after rollover accident in Steuben
- New Hartford Budget Gap Fixed
- Power restored in New Hartford