ROME, N.Y. -- Friday marks the 170th anniversary of the Rome Chamber of Commerce, and they took the time to honor Rome businesses and not-for-profits that have stood out in the community.
King Pin Lanes won the business of the year. Varflex Corporation was recognized for their 95th year in business. The Genesis Group took home the nonprofit of the year award, and Dennis Surrace was honored for 50 years in the banking industry.
“I grew up here. I went to school here. I went to college in D.C., but I came right back to Rome, and since growing up and going through school and seeing the post-Griffiss phase, and then to now where Griffiss is absolutely booming. And everyone else is kind of coming up with it is a really exciting time,” said Wes Cupp, the Rome Chamber of Commerce chairman.
Colonel Tim Lawrence from the Air Force Research Laboratory left the crowd with a few inspiring stories, and a realization of how Rome is being recognized for their work not only nationally, but worldwide.
- Rome Chamber of Commerce awards businesses, nonprofits on 170th anniversary
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrates 50th anniversary
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce honors Business Hall of Fame Class of 2019
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce receives $100K state grant
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce names new executive director
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce executive director stepping down
- Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce names new executive director
- Mug Club: Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting
- Local nonprofits can apply for Excellus BCBS Community Health Awards
- Community Foundation surprising 5 local nonprofits with $10K awards