A Rome man is in serious condition tonight following a crash that happened earlier this afternoon.
Peter Cutler, 38, was traveling east on Old Oneida Road (between State Route 26 and Henderberg Road) when the vehicle exited the south shoulder and into a ditch. Culter's vehicle hit a culvert causing it to become airborne and then roll several times before coming to a rest.
Culter was air lifted by Mercy Flight Helicopter to a Syracuse hospital for further treatment and is currently listed in serious condition.
The investigation into why Cutler's vehicle left the roadway is ongoing at this time and no citations have been issued pending continuing investigation.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office was assisted on scene by the New York State Police, Rome Fire Department, AmCare Ambulance and Mercy Flight.
- Rome Man in Serious Condition Following Crash
- Condition changes in Rome motorcycle crash victim
- Rome man in critical condition following motorcycle crash
- Car crashes through Rome storefront
- Dog Saves Rome Man's Life
- Vienna man injured, ticketed in Rome car crash
- Albany man found guilty in crash that killed Rome veteran
- Police: Rome man drove 115 mph while intoxicated, then crashed
- Rome man killed in Woodhull Lake snowmobile crash
- Rome man seriously injured in Lee car, fuel tanker crash