Rome, N.Y. - The Rome Rescue Mission is getting ready for two of the biggest days of the year at the mission, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Rome Rescue Mission Executive Director Matt Miller says the mission will serve 400 meals on Christmas Day and he says 200 people have already signed up for meals to be delivered to their homes because for whatever reason they can't make it down to the mission. That 200 number is up 25% already from last year's total of 150.
Miller is encouraging anyone, even if it's just to be with someone and not be alone, to come to the mission either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day or both, "One of the most important things I think for the holidays for us, is making sure everybody is aware that they don’t need to be alone on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and we encourage people to come down, but again if you can’t make it down, if somebody is disabled or homebound, please give us a call, we will make sure that you get a meal on Christmas Day as well."
Miller says he has enough hams and fixings for Christmas Day dinner, but he can use some breakfast items for the Christmas Day brunch and definitely some items for the annual Christmas Eve party, such as vegetables, fruits and chips and dip.
If you would like to help the cause, you can drop those food items off at the Rome Rescue Mission at 413 E Dominick St. in Rome anytime on Monday between 9:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M..
If you you are homebound and are in need of a Christmas meal delivered to your home, the Rome Rescue Mission is still accepting calls. Just give the mission a call anytime on Monday, Christmas Eve, preferably between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M..
The telephone number for the Rome Rescue Mission is (315) 337-2516.
- Rome Rescue Mission prepares for two straight busy days
- Rome Rescue Mission celebrates Christmas
- Rome Rescue Mission 300 turkeys short
- Rome Rescue Mission Bottle & Can Drive
- Rome Rescue Mission serves meals the whole day on Christmas
- Utica Rescue Mission preparing to serve thousands
- Rescue Mission goals
- Utica Coffee Roasting delivers turkeys to Utica, Rome rescue missions
- Rome Rescue Mission in need of foods for Christmas dinner
- Rome Rescue Mission in need of personal hygiene items