ROME – The Rome IAFF #694 Fire Department collected more than $6,000 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) during their ‘Fill the Boot’ campaign.
Firefighters stood out at the intersection of North James and West Liberty streets in Rome last Friday, Sept. 13, 2019, to collect donations in their boots from passing vehicles. People offered spare change and cash, as well as food and drink for the firefighters.
PHOTO COURTESY OF MDA - Matty Campos, left, and Alex Liddy.
PHOTO COURTESY OF MDA
“The fire fighters of the Rome IAFF #694 Fire Department have once again gone above and beyond for MDA’s families during this year’s Fill the Boot campaign,” said Karen Fink, development coordinator at MDA. “We are so grateful for their dedication and for the generosity of those in the Rome community who have helped to raise critical funds to help transform the lives of kids and adults with muscular dystrophy, ALS and related muscle-debilitating diseases.”
‘Fill the Boot’ drives help support MDA’s efforts to raise awareness and provide education about neuromuscular diseases.
- Rome firefighters raise more than $6K for Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Rome firefighters 'Fill the Boot' for Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Syracuse Orange to wear patches for muscular dystrophy
- Mug Club: Colie's 6K Run & 1 Mile Walk
- Sorority gala raises funds for Heart Association
- CMN 2018 Thanks Utica-Rome Credit Union Association
- Rome firefighters battle fire and temperatures
- Runners and Walkers raise $23,000 in Rome
- NYCM Insurance employee raises $85,000 for Heart Association
- Rome Firefighters respond to house fire caused by outdoor grill