WESTMORELAND – A 23-year-old Rome man faces felony charges after a crash left one man dead last year.
State Police say Everett L. Taylor is charged with felony leaving the scene of a fatal accident, felony leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, reckless driving and moving from lane unsafely.
Troopers say on May 27, 2017 Taylor was driving east on the Thruway in Westmoreland when he moved from the passing lane to the driving lane and struck the front tire of a motorcycle operated by 47-year-old Joseph Perrotti of Utica. Troopers say Perrotti and his passenger were seriously injured when they were ejected from the motorcycle. Perrotti died from his injuries on June 2. Taylor was not injured in the accident.
After the crash, Troopers say Taylor continued driving and got off of the Thruway at exit 32. A sheriff’s deputy noticed a blue Hyundai which matched the description of the vehicle involved in the alleged hit and run, including passenger side damage. Taylor was then arrested without incident.
Taylor was arraigned in Oneida County Court Tuesday morning and taken to the Oneida County Jail on $10,000 cash bail.
- Rome man faces felony charges after 2017 fatal hit and run crash
- 2 facing felony drug charges in Utica
- Utica man facing several felony child porn charges
- Richfield Springs man facing felony charge for allegedly punching TV
- Herkimer man facing felony charges after admitting to burglaries
- 3 facing drug charges in Rome
- Rome man faces drug related charged following raid
- Rome man facing charges following a multi-agency investigation
- Oneonta woman facing felony charge for allegedly driving stolen car
- 2 facing felony drug charges following Bleecker Street search