SYRACUSE, N.Y. – A Rome man was one of six people arrested after a fight broke out around 2 a.m. Thursday in Syracuse’s Armory Square.
Joseph Murphy, 30, was charged with disorderly conduct after police arrived on the scene near the 400 block of Clinton Street.
Five other Syracuse men were also arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, including Kyle Bunch, 21; Eugene Hairston, 21; Shakir Henry, 22 and Devin Khemraj, 24. Bunch, Henry and Khemraj were also charged with resisting arrest, while Hairston was additionally charged with unlawful possession of marijuana.
Just down the block from the fight, a 21-year-old Syracuse man was stabbed in the stomach on the corner of West Fayette and South Clinton streets. This led to the arrest of 25-year-old John Priano, who was charged with the stabbing after police found him in possession of a folding knife.
- Rome man one of many arrested Thanksgiving Eve in Syracuse
- Syracuse suspends Frank Howard on eve of NCAA Tournament
- Rome Domestic Assault Arrest
- Syracuse Vet Center offering services to veterans in Rome
- State completes 50-mile drone corridor stretching from Rome to Syracuse
- Rome Rescue Mission continues Thanksgiving Dinner tradition
- Uber offering free rides on eve of Thanksgiving
- AAA team Syracuse Mets to play in Syracuse through 2043
- Utica, Rome rescue missions celebrate Thanksgiving with those in need
- Rome Rescue Mission extends signups for Thanksgiving baskets