A Rome man was rescued from a near drowning at Delta Lake State Park on Thursday, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say around 1:30 p.m., they responded to Delta Lake State Park for a reported drowning. Lifeguard staff and a Good Samaritan saw a distressed swimmer in waist deep water in the marked swimming area, and 56-year-old Michael Mastro of Rome was immediately rescued and lifeguard staff administered CPR.
Deputies say Mastro was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital by AmCare Ambulance, where he's currently in critical condition.
The Western Fire Department and New York State Police also assisted at the scene.
Deputies say the incident remains under investigation and more details will be released at a later time.
- Rome man rescued from near drowning at Delta Lake State Park
- UPDATE: Deputies identify Delta Lake drowning victim
- UPDATE: Man identified in Hinckley Lake drowning
- Canadarago Lake Drowning ruled accidental
- 6th annual Moonlight Trail Night held at Delta Lake State Park Saturday
- Delta Lake postpones fireworks until Monday
- Rome Rescue Mission celebrates Christmas
- New York City man drowns while kayaking on Lake George
- Rome man killed in Woodhull Lake snowmobile crash
- Rome Rescue Mission 300 turkeys short