A Rome man was rescued from a near drowning at Delta Lake State Park on Thursday, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say around 1:30 p.m., they responded to Delta Lake State Park for a reported drowning. Lifeguard staff and a Good Samaritan saw a distressed swimmer in waist deep water in the marked swimming area, and 56-year-old Michael Mastro of Rome was immediately rescued and lifeguard staff administered CPR.
Deputies say Mastro was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital by AmCare Ambulance, where he's currently in critical condition.
The Western Fire Department and New York State Police also assisted at the scene.
Deputies say the incident remains under investigation and more details will be released at a later time.
- Rome man rescued from near drowning at Delta Lake State Park
- UPDATE: Man identified in Hinckley Lake drowning
- Canadarago Lake Drowning ruled accidental
- Delta Lake postpones fireworks until Monday
- New York City man drowns while kayaking on Lake George
- Rome Rescue Mission 300 turkeys short
- Rome Rescue In Need of Donations
- Rome Rescue Mission Bottle & Can Drive
- Moonlight trail walk at Delta Lake coming up Saturday
- Low water levels causing concern at Delta Lake