UTICA, N.Y. -- The Rome parents of a baby who died after being left asleep and reportedly unattended for hours were offered a plea deal in Oneida County Court Monday.
Derek Dyer and Brooke Renzi are charged with criminally negligent homicide.
Prosecutors say they put their daughter to bed at night on August 27 and didn’t check on her until after 11 a.m. the next morning – more than 12 hours later.
Dyer is due back in court June 3, and Renzi is due back in court June 6.
- Rome parents, accused in daughter's death, offered plea deal
- Plea deal offered to Laurens man accused of killing parents
- Rome man accused in connection with daughter's death rejects plea deal
- Rome mother charged in baby's death rejects plea deal
- Rome murder suspect Coffin rejects plea offer
- Rome couple charged in infant daughter's death
- Utica man accused of beating girlfriend to death is offered plea deal
- Utica teen accused in 17-year-old's shooting death offered plea deal
- Man accused of August murder in Rome turns down plea deal
- Rome father charged in daughter's death back in court Monday