ROME, N.Y. – Rome Police have arrested three men after an assault was reported in the parking lot of Freedom Plaza in Rome Tuesday night around 9:30 p.m. The plaza is located at 225 Erie Blvd. in Rome.
Rafael Gonzalez, 46, of Utica ; Felix Fargas, 37, of Rome; and Raul M. Polanco, 41, of Rome, are all charged with second-degree assault, a D felony.
Police arrived to the scene after receiving reports of an assault with a possible firearm involved. When officers arrived they saw the three men assaulting the victim, who was on the ground. The victim was sent to Rome Hospital to be treated for injuries that were not considered life threatening.
No weapon has been recovered yet, but there were two vehicles at the scene that have been secured by police as they await a search warrant from a judge.
Police believe at least one of the suspects was acquainted with the victim.
The investigation is ongoing. Stay tuned to NEWSChannel 2 for updates.
Raul M. Polanco
Felix O. Fargas
- Rome police charge 3 men in Freedom Plaza assault
- Rome Domestic Assault Arrest
- Rome honors those who sacrificed their lives for freedom
- UPDATE: Man charged with assault following 7-hour standoff in Rome
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges for 2 Rome men
- Rome men accused of fighting with police during CPS visit
- Rome man charged with harassing Town of Webb police officer
- Rome police to hold Civilian Police Academy
- Mug Club: Annual Freedom Fund Dinner
- NewsTalk: NAACP holding Freedom Fund Dinner