ROME, N.Y. -- Rome police are investigating a father-son domestic dispute at Meadowbrook Apartments on Levitt Street.
During the early morning hours, police say a father and his 25-year-old son were involved in the dispute. They say it was reported to police the son was emotionally disturbed and possibly in possession of a gun.
The father was able to leave the residence and call 911.
Police set up a perimeter in the area of the apartment.
A reverse 911 message alerted residents in the immediate area to shelter in place, and those in other areas to stay away.
A crisis negotiation team made several attempts to make contact with the son. Just before 5 a.m. police were able to make contact and the son was escorted out of the apartment. He is receiving medical treatment now.
- Rome residents receive reverse 911 call as police respond to domestic incident
- Rome Domestic Assault Arrest
- Cops responding to 911 call find 4-foot gator in building
- Rome Police looking for suspects after shots fired incident
- Frankfort Police Incident Update
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- Man allegedly choked, harassed woman in Deerfield domestic incident
- Domestic incident leads to Salisbury man’s arrest
- Rome police warning city residents about larcenies from vehicles
- Rome YMCA receives $15,000 donation from KeyBank