ROME – A Rome City School District bus and a Rome Police Department patrol vehicle were involved in a crash Friday morning.
The Rome Sentinel first reported the crash at the intersection of Jay and West Dominick streets, which occurred around 8:30 a.m., and provided the photo above.
Police say the Birnie Bus for Staley Elementary School was taking a left turn at that intersection when it clipped the back of the patrol car, causing the rear bumper of the car to be ripped off. Police say there was only minor damage to the school bus.
No injuries were reported in the crash.
Police say the driver of the bus was ticketed for failure to stop at a stop sign, and another bus arrived to transport the kids to school.
- Rome school bus, police car involved in crash
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- Car crashes through Rome storefront
- WKTV vehicle involved in crash with school bus
- Car Larcenies in Rome
- Car crashes into Dunkin Donuts in Rome
- Ava woman injured in accident with school bus in Rome
- Pickup truck, school bus crash in Oneonta
- School Bus Crash reported in Ilion
- 2 hospitalized following car-pedestrian crash in Rome