ROME, N.Y. -- Four long-term residents from a local nursing home got out Tuesday for entertainment, and a gift provided by some of the youngest students in the Rome City School District.
The students in the early childhood development program at Clough Pre-K Center, collected "Socks for Seniors."
They gifted the socks to residents from the Colonial Park Rehab and Nursing Facility. Along with the socks – there was a serenade of Christmas carols.
The drive has a special meaning for one of the organizers.
“My gramma who was in a nursing home, every year we would buy her seasonal socks and the staff always commented on how cute our socks were. So we thought it's be a neat idea to bring the socks to our nursing home,” said Jessica Razy, Colonial Park’s director of social services.
Colonial Park brought four long-term residents to the school for the show.
- Rome students collected socks for nursing home residents
- NEWSTALK: Nursing shortage impacts local nursing homes
- Newstalk: Rome Home Expo
- Mug Club: Rome Home Expo
- Rome Home Expo attracts hundreds
- Hygiene items being collected today for Rome Rescue Mission
- Rome resident celebrating her 106th birthday
- Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility earns highest 5-star national ratings on Nursing Home Compare
- Rome Home Expo celebrates 43 years
- Rome police warning city residents about larcenies from vehicles