TRENTON, N.Y. – State police have identified the man who died during a massive fire at a farm in Trenton Wednesday night.
They say 93-year-old Henry Synakowski Sr. was evacuated from the house by a family member after learning there was a fire in one of the barns, and he collapsed outside.
Firefighters and EMT crews tried reviving Synakowski, but were unsuccessful.
Several fire departments, and troopers responded to the residence on Route 365 after the fire spread from the barn to the home.
Responding departments included Barneveld, Poland, Floyd, Westernville, Stittville, Holland Patent and Newport.
The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
- Man who died during Trenton farm fire identified
- Community reacts to Trenton farm fire
- Silos being demolished at Trenton dairy farm following fire
- Trenton dairy farm gets state grant following devastating fire
- One person confirmed dead following fire at farm in Trenton
- High winds fuel massive fire at Trenton farm
- Trenton home destroyed by fire
- Trenton Falls Open
- Fire crews kept busy battling Trenton blaze
- Fire destroys school bus in Trenton